As I gazed at the cobweb I begin to think. Is this how our Covenant Relationships are? Areas of the relationship filled with cobwebs. While we are busy with the daily grind, the house, the children, work and all the other commitments that we have, if we are not careful our Covenant Relationships so quickly gather cobwebs.
I quickly sought for the meaning of cobweb and Webster’s dictionary says this, “1) Tangles of the silken threads of cobweb usually covered with accumulated dirt and dust. 2) Something that entangles, obscures, or confuses.”
Cobwebs usually show up on things that we barely use, things that we over look. Spaces that we don’t spend much time in. Do you have any cobwebs in your marriage? What do I mean? Are there areas that you and your spouse seldom visit, for the purpose of evaluation, harmony or to strengthen the cord?
Are there some cobwebs in your communication techniques? Is there some dust building in the area of your finances? How about the area of forgiveness could that be an area requiring some dusting. Could there be some dark places relatively unknown covered with bitterness? One of the meanings for cobweb also was, “something that entangles, obscures or confuses.” Are there areas of confusion, are you growing closer together or farther apart?
Only you and your spouse can determine where your cobwebs have accumulated. We all have areas that we need to work on.
As covenant partners we must take the time to assess the different areas of our relationship and make sure they are dust free.
To be continued…
Proverbs 8:34Wisdom's Call
Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
Looking out the window I see the frost and its due,
My thoughts calmly wonder
I thought of you…
I see the sky and its stars what a wonderful view
In the secret places of my heart,
I thought of you…
Moon shining bright what a wonderful delight,
Rain falling too!
Oh, yes I thought of you…
A gentle calming breeze flowing through the trees,
Whisper from the winds
I thought of you…
Orange and brown leaves falling from its branch,
Is it by chance, I thought of you?
I thought of you…
Flowers just for me? A cup of hot tea.
Walks in the park, time to share my heart.
You lend to me your ear, “oh, how sweet my dear.”
I look back; I see how precious you are to me.
I thought of you, I thought of you…
Setting by the fire in its flames I see,
Love and romance reflections of you and me,
I thought of you, I thought of you…
In my bed I lay after a long prosperous day.
Whispers to the Father,
I thought of you, I thought of you.
©2010 Written By Penny Miller
We welcome your comments note the comment prompt is located at the bottom of this post. In addition, feel free to sign up for weekly subscriptions. We would loved to interact with you and your friends!
Enjoy Covenant
Jeff & Penny
©2010 True Hearts Ministries Inc
(This page is owned by the above)



What a powerful post. Yes, my marriage gets cobwebs if I'm not watchful to keep those areas attended to.
ReplyDeleteI have given you a BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD!
Visit my blog, copy your award and post it on your site.